Evrotrust's electronic identification scheme (eID) has been recognized as a notified scheme and listed in the Official Journal of the European Communities.
What is a Notified eID Scheme?
A notified eID scheme refers to an electronic identification system that has undergone rigorous evaluation and received approval from EU member states, adhering to the standards set forth in the eIDAS (Electronic Identification, Authentication, and Trust Services) Regulation. Enacted in 2014, the eIDAS Regulation aims to create a harmonized framework for secure digital identification and trust services, fostering seamless cross-border interactions and strengthening the single digital market. For further reference, take a look at our eID Scheme Q&A.
Evrotrust's Remarkable Journey to Notified Status
In May 2023, the European Commission verified Evrotrust's electronic identification scheme as meeting the requirements of eIDAS. Based on this verification, the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria adopted a Decision on 23rd of May 2023, recognizing the Evrotrust scheme as a national scheme and instructing the Minister of e-Government to notify it. The notification procedure was completed on the 5th of July 2023 and the Evrotrust scheme was published in the Official Journal of the European Communities. This entitles Bulgarian and European citizens to obtain electronic access to all public services in the EU through Evrotrust. The status of the Evrotrust eID scheme is available from the official EU list of notified schemes.
What are the advantages of the Evrotrust eID scheme over the schemes of the other EU member states?
The advantages of Evrotrust over other electronic identification schemes are as follows:
- Evrotrust's eID scheme provides fully remote registration of individuals and legal entities without physical presence and with maximum security.
- The Evrotrust scheme is used entirely through a mobile smart device, making it accessible to everyone.
- The Evrotrust scheme covers levels of assurance "substantial" and "high", making it one of the most secure electronic identification solutions in the EU.
- Evrotrust's eID is the first eID scheme in the EU that enables the electronic identification of individuals and legal entities.
- The Evrotrust scheme allows it to be used by citizens of 60 different countries, including those outside of the EU. Most other national schemes can only be used by nationals of the country from which the scheme originates.
Take a look at the complete list of advantages of the Evrotrust scheme.
Navigating the Road Ahead
At Evrotrust, we are committed to leading the way in the ever-evolving digital identity landscape and staying ahead of the curve when it comes to emerging cybersecurity threats and user demands.
Not only do we prioritize innovation, but collaboration lies at the heart of our mission. Working hand-in-hand with governments, businesses, and industry peers is a primary goal for Evrotrust, as we believe it will play a crucial role in shaping the future of digital identity services.
By actively engaging in industry initiatives, we are proud to contribute to the global progress of digital trust and authentication. Together, we are building a more secure and seamless digital world for all.